There is a mindset amongst western democratic countries that values success above all other things, and measures it only in financial terms.
Yet when the chips are down
- Your health starts to fail
- Your relationship breaks up
- You are uncertain about who your friends really are
- You wonder what happened to your children
- and even what is the point of life anyway
When the questioning of priorities and values begins, the first questions to arise are:
What is really important?
and What is really important about that?